Risk Reduction Crew Member
The Central Lyon County Fire Protection District is accepting applications for the position of Risk Reduction Crew Member
Closing date: April 21, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Salary and Benefit Information for 2021:
- $24.91 per hour Employee/Employer paid Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- $21.60 per hour Employer paid PERS
- Annual “Step” increase available with satisfactory performance to maximum of Step 4
- This is a temporary full-time position (up to two years, with possibility of extension)
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee only
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of S-110, S-130, S-190
- Valid Class C Nevada Driver’s License
- Degree in Fire Science/Forestry/Natural Resources
- Geographic Information System (GIS) experience
- Experience operating and/or maintaining Heavy Equipment (Dozer, Skid Steer, etc.)
- NWCG qualified (Red Carded) as Engine Boss or above.
- Nevada Pesticide Applicator Certification and Training
- Experience and capabilities as a leader
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass the NWCG arduous Red Card Pack Test
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, background investigation
- Submit a DMV driving record printout, obtain F endorsement on Driver’s License w/in one year
View the complete job description here.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.