Reserve Firefighter / EMT
The Fire District is accepting applications for Reserve Firefighters / EMT’s.
This announcement is for the establishment of a potential hiring list. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and will be kept on file for future testing opportunities.
Salary and Benefit Information for 2019:
- $8.25 per hour
- This is a part-time position, not to exceed 1,039 hours per fiscal year
- There are no benefits associated with this position
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class C Driver’s License at time of appointment
- Must obtain Nevada Exterior Support Firefighter or higher along with HazMat Operations/Decon within 12 months of hire date
- Current NREMT-EMT certification with Nevada Reciprocity
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation
- Reserves with Central Lyon work scheduled shifts alongside career and volunteer personnel, gaining valuable field experience.
To view the full job description, click here.
Reserve Firefighter / EMT Testing
This testing will be to establish a potential hiring list. Application does not guarantee/represent an offer of employment.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, however applications received after May 17, 2019 will not be able to participate in this testing process. They will be kept on file for future testing opportunities.
- May 24that 19:00 – Written test at District Headquarters.
- May 25th– 08:00 – 17:00 Panel Interview and Physical Fitness Assessment.
- May 26th– If needed based on number of candidates – same items from 25th.
- Details of exact test times will be sent out after confirmation of number of qualified candidates has been determined.
For more details on testing, please click here.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.