Reserve Firefighter / EMT
The Fire District is accepting applications for Reserve Firefighters / EMT’s.
This announcement is for the establishment of a potential hiring list. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and will be kept on file for future testing opportunities.
Salary and Benefit Information for 2019:
- $8.25 per hour
- This is a part-time position, not to exceed 1,039 hours per fiscal year
- There are no benefits associated with this position
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class C Driver’s License at time of appointment
- Must obtain Nevada Exterior Support Firefighter or higher along with HazMat Operations/Decon within 12 months of hire date
- Current NREMT-EMT certification with Nevada Reciprocity
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation
- Reserves with Central Lyon work scheduled shifts alongside career and volunteer personnel, gaining valuable field experience.
To view the full job description, click here.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.