The Fire District is accepting applications for an Office Specialist.
The Office Specialist performs a wide variety of general clerical and routine administrative duties in support of District operations, with a focus on exceptional customer service and Emergency Medical Service (EMS) billing activity. This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and reports to the Office Supervisor.
Salary and Benefit Information for 2019:
- $39,915 – $46,202 annually (employee/employer-paid PERS)
- $34,819 – $40,310 annually (employer-paid PERS)
- FLSA non-exempt
- 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee and dependents
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience
- *High School Diploma or GED
- *Valid Nevada Driver’s License
*Must furnish copies upon offer of employment
- Ambulance or medical billing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to Excel, Outlookand Word
- Experience in the preparation of official meeting minutes
Following an application, cover letter and resume review, the most highly-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a proficiency examination and oral interview. An offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background investigation and reference review.
- April 3, 2019 – Proficiency Examination
- April 9, 2019 – Panel Interviews
To view the full job description, click here.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.