The following are current job announcements for Central Lyon County Fire Protection District.
For questions, contact our office directly by calling (775) 246-6209 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Lyon County Fire Protection District is accepting applications from qualified AEMT’s and Paramedics for:
Nevada or IFSAC Firefighter 1 certification is not required at time of appointment. Completion of the (sponsored) Carson City Regional Fire Academy 18-2 is required within probationary period.
Opening Date: September 1, 2018
Closing Date: September 10, 2018 prior to 5:00 p.m. Testing Dates: September 14, 15 and 16, 2018
Salary and Benefit Information for 2018:
- FF/AEMT ($54,420 to $65,520) annually
- FF/Paramedic ($60,467 to $72,800) annually
- District pays 100% of medical premiums for employee and dependents, including vision and dental
- Annual Leave and Sick Leave accrued based on years of service
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- For more information on our CBA, contact: email@example.com
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Valid Driver’s License
- Nevada State or National Registry A-EMT or Paramedic
- Current EMT-Basic may apply, but certification as Nevada State or NationalRegistry A-EMT or Paramedic is required at time of appointment.
- Nevada or IFSAC Firefighter I certification
- Nevada Hazardous Materials Operations certification
- ACLS, PALS, ITLS certification or equivalent
Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks while engaged in combating, extinguishing and preventing fires, in responding to emergency medical calls, extricating and rescuing individuals from fires and entrapment, treating the sick and injured, operation and maintenance of fire department equipment, apparatus and quarters. Additional duties as assigned. This position requires evening and weekend duties which will be performed at various locations within the District.
Following an application and resume review, qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a written examination, physical fitness evaluation, and an oral interview. Selected candidates may be interviewed by the Fire Chief. An offer of employment will be contingent upon a satisfactory background check, drug screen, and medical physical examination.
- September 14, 2018 –Written Test
- September 15, 2018 – Physical Fitness (timed 1.5-mile run, maximum sit-ups and pushups in one minute, and box-stretch)
- September 16, 2018 – Panel Interview
- AAOS EMT-Advanced Care
Apply online by CLICKING HERE or pick up an application at the District Office. Submit application, documentation of minimum qualifications, and a resume to the District Office or email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 p.m. on September 10, 2018.
Please contact Chief Rich Harvey or Office Manager Kris Pradere with any questions.
Central Lyon County Fire Protection District 246 Dayton Valley Road, Ste. 106, Dayton NV 89403 (775) 246-6209.
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.